SCQF/PDQB Learning Programmes
The Pipe Band College offers as part of our education objectives a series of outreach programmes.
These include SQA / PDQD approved courses which are delivered as outreach programmes through The RSPBA’s Branch framework and designated centres.
These programmes are led by RSPBA approved instructors who deliver a syllabus which prepares candidates to participate in SQA learning opportunities for both pipers and snare drummers within pipe bands, and PDQB learning opportunities for bass and tenor drummers.
- Pipers can participate in SQA National Progression Awards from SCQF level 2 Chanter to SCQF level 6 Bagpipes. Pipers can also progress further through Professional Development Awards SCQF levels 7 and 8 Bagpipes.
- Snare drummers can participate in SQA National Progression Awards from SCQF levels 2 to 6.
- Bass and tenor drummers can participate in PDQB certificates from levels 1 to 6.
The documents below can be downloaded, they contain information regarding the learning expectations for both the Theory and Practical elements of SQA/PDQB assessments.
All Theory papers are samples. Please note – the Theory expectations for piping, snare drumming and bass/tenor drumming are the same, with the exception of maintenance of instruments and music writing aspects.
- SCQF Level 2 Chanter Practical
- SCQF Level 2 Chanter Theory – Sample
- SCQF Level 3 Chanter Practical
- SCQF Level 3 Chanter Theory – Sample
- SCQF Level 4 Bagpipes Practical
- SCQF Level 4 Bagpipes Theory – Sample
- SCQF Level 5 Bagpipes Practical
- SCQF Level 5 Bagpipes Theory – Sample
- SCQF Level 6 Bagpipes Practical
- SCQF Level 6 Bagpipes Theory – Sample
RSPBA Pipe Band College